Motsinger School in section 31 of Crab Orchard Township stands on land given by Jefferson Motsinger in the midst of a family settlement. Joshua Motsinger made his Crab Orchard township land entry in 1836. The school dates back to days before the Civil war and was first run by the subscription method. Jack Keaster taught such a school there in 1865, and was paid $10 a month.
Religion received as much attention as education from the early settlers of the Motsinger family, and one of their first activities when they came to the county was to build a shelter for a camp meeting. This crude church, called Motsinger Shed, became Mount Pleasant church.
(Extracted from Pioneer Folks and Places, Barbara Barr Hubbs, 1939 which is on sale at the Williamson County Museum)