Lake Creek post office was opened December 10, 1852 with Silas G. Hindman as postmaster. A few months later the village of Jeffersonville was laid out, and the post office began to serve a more closely knit community. But the names of post office and village were not consolidated until after the railroad caused the building of Johnston City and the post office was moved again. The post office was changed to Lake Creek January 12, 1895 and to Johnston City December 30, 1903.
Lake Creek Masonic Lodge was chartered October 5, 1875 and moved to Johnston City with the general exodus twenty years after. The first officers of Lodge 729 were Elijah Spiller, Jesse Morgan Casey, and R.F.C. Cagle. The other charter members were E.L. and J.R. Darrow, Josiah M. Dorris, J.C. Baiar, Martin Feurer, Albert and Alonzo Evans, Archibald Odum, Joseph Moeser, George A. Newton, S.S. Jones, J.S. Moore, and E.P., George W. and William Follis.
(Extracted from Pioneer Folks and Places, Barbara Barr Hubbs, 1939, on sale at the Williamson County Museum)