- Alice had a post office opened May 5, 1893 and closed September 26, 1894.
- Cypress Hill Post Office was established July 2, 1867 and was closed October 26, 1887. It was reopened April 11, 1888 and finally discontinued October 31, 1892.
- Grant Post Office was opened May 11, 1887 and closed April 23, 1895.
- Head was located in the southwest part of Grassy Township. It is not known whether it was in a store or a home. There is said to have been a post office there but no record of it can be found.
- Lake Arcadia is within the R.F.D. routes of Marion Post Office but its location is not known or whether it was only a lake or was a community.
- Mead was a post office opened June 17, 1889 and closed January 31, 1901. Nathaniel Mead was the postmaster. It may have been in his home.
- Perth post office opened April 24, 1900 and was closed August 21, 1901.
- Prairie Hill post office was established December 9, 1854 and discontinued August 29, 1869.
- Sampville post office was opened January 30, 1894 and closed June 20, 1899. The postmaster was named Sampson.
(Ghost Towns of Southern Illinois, by Glenn J. Sneed, published 1977)