Mann School is district 107, in section 10 of Grassy Township. It stands between Grassy and Little Grassy creeks in a country that seemed a paradise to the first pioneer, with its clear water, thick grass, and beautiful trees.
Jesse Mann came from a Virginia plantation as a young man and took up twelve hundred acres of the fertile land between the creeks he named Grassy. He built a log house, went back to Virginia for his bride, young Elizabeth Stroud. Together they made a home and reared their children in the beautiful new country. Their sons, grandsons, and great grandsons have attended Mann school and done their trading at Cottage Home.
Grassy Creek church stands on the land Jesse Mann made his own.
(Extracted from Pioneer Folks and Places, Barbara Barr Hubbs, 1939 which is on sale at the Williamson County Museum)