Grays was a station on the Marion and Eastern Railroad, located in section 18, Township 9, Range 3. It consisted of 10 lots. Four were 80 by 120, two 70 by 120, two 60 by 120, and three triangular lots. The whole plat was triangular in shape. The public road lay on one side and the M. and E. on the other side.
The village was platted January 25, 1901 and recorded in Book 1, page 97, April 3,1 901. The village was vacated February 24, 1936.
(Ghost Towns of Southern Illinois, by Glenn J. Sneed, first published 1977)